A valid user master record must exist for all users accessing the SAP system. The user master is accessed through the transaction SU01 (there is a separate version of the tcode, SU01D for display).
There are a number of tabs for maintainining different data for the users. Some of the more important tabs with the data they contain are given below.
- Address – First, Last Names, Department, Email, Telephone, Language
- Logon Data – Password, User Group, User Type, Validity
- Parameters – User Parameters
- Roles – These give access to the differenet function with the SAP system
- Profiles – Lists the profiles corresponding to the role entries
- License Data – License type for user. This field is evaluated as part of license audits.